VCIC is currently the world’s largest venture capital competition with a history dating back to UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School. 2015 will be the inaugural VCIC for undergraduate students in London, organised by Venture Capital Movement.
The date of the competition is on the 5th of December 2015, and in addition, the winning team gets prize money as well as a slot in the Global VCIC finals at Chapel Hill, North Carolina on the 23rd of January in 2016! We have invited many start-ups and Venture Capitalists down on the day of the event to be judges as well as provide valuable feedback for the teams.
We hope that this competition would be an eye-opener and allow students to learn more about Venture Capital by undertaking the role of a VC firm themselves. In addition, spectators are welcomed to attend the competition as we hope to further spread the word of Venture Capital to the rest of the student bodies.
uVCIC has a twist in which instead of pitching their own ideas to Venture Capitals, students will be grouped into teams of 5 from which they will choose a start-up to invest in.
The winning team, as mentioned, gets prize money as well as a spot in the Global VCIC finals at Chapel Hill, North Carolina on the 23rd January.
Students will be tasked to:
- Read business plans from entrepreneurs currently seeking VC funding
- Listen to startups pitch their idea
- Choose a venture to invest in
- Negotiate a term sheet (investment plan)
- Pitch their investment plans to the VCs and convince them of the venture
So why join?
- Better understand the work of Venture Capitalists by undertaking their role
- Learn and be inspired by actual startups
- Networking opportunity with real VCs and entrepreneurs
- Interact with like-minded peers
Sign up via:
Submit your CV/Resume and Startup Proposal to Vcic.email@example.com
For Students Venture Capitalist: